Who we are
Our website address is: https://bestradios.co.uk. This site is owned by Laurence Smith. You can contact us using the contact form here.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you fill out a contact form on this site, we collect your name and email address so that we can reply to your message.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
BestRadios.co.uk uses Statcounter, an anonymous web tracking service. This provides information on the number of visitors, how visitors find the website, which pages are most popular etc. This data allows us to provide a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from StatCounter and set your browser to refuse same by clicking here.
Cookies are small text files that many websites store on your computer when you visit them. They can be used to track how you use a website or personalise your experience of a website.
Cookies are safe, and most web browsers store cookies by default. However, you can disable cookies by adjusting the settings in your web browser.
This page was last updated on June 6th, 2018.