Buy it online:
The Romsey DAB Pocket Radio is part of the Majority range of digital radios, which are all designed in Cambridge, England. The Romsey is a small (9cm tall) radio that should fit easily in your pocket, making it good for walkers, joggers and cyclists.
Let’s take a closer look at the Romsey radio…
- Internal battery lasts 9-12 hours after a full charge when listening through headphones, or about 6 hours using its built-in speaker
- Saves up to 20 preset stations (10 FM and 10 DAB stations)
- Automatically sets the correct time
- Earphones are included with the radio
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- LCD display
- Telescopic aerial
Dimensions: 9 cm high x 5 cm wide x 2 cm deep
Weight: 141 g
What’s in the box?
As well as the radio itself, the box includes an instruction manual, a micro-USB charging cable and Majority earphones.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty
- Small and light
- Very cheap
- Picks up DAB+ transmissions as well as regular FM and DAB stations
- Poorly written and confusing ordergenericpropeciaonline.com instruction manual
- The headphones included aren’t very good quality
- Lack of bass even when using good headphones
- Built-in speaker is quite tinny
The Romsey DAB Pocket Radio is one of the cheapest pocket DAB radios available in the UK at the moment. Given its low price, you can’t expect it to be perfect, but it does offer excellent value for money.
Our only real complaints are about the poor quality of the earphones included and the tinny built-in speaker. However, when you consider that most pocket radios in this price range don’t even come with earphones or an internal speaker, it almost seems unfair to complain about them.
Don’t expect the Romsey to last forever, but if you want a cheap and cheerful pocket DAB radio, it’s a good choice.
Another pocket radio with a built-in speaker is the Goodmans Pocket Sized DAB Radio. It feels slightly higher quality than the Romsey, but is more expensive at the time of writing.
Another budget DAB pocket radio is the Petersfield-Go, which is also made by Majority. It doesn’t have a built-in speaker, but is a good alternative if you prefer to listen to the radio through headphones anyway.