The Majority Pluto is a docking station/radio alarm clock that can be used to charge Apple products including newer iPhones and iPods that use a Lightning connector. It’s a small, cube-shaped docking station with an FM radio and an 8 watt speaker. Let’s look at this docking station radio in more detail…
- 8-watt speaker
- FM radio
- Certified Lightning dock
- Dual alarm with a snooze function
- Dimmable LCD screen
- Aux-in port
Weight: 699 g
Dimensions: 18 cm high x 13.2 cm wide x 13 cm deep
Compatibility: The Majority Pluto is compatible with Apple products that use a Lightning connector. This includes the iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, and the iPod Touch 5th and 6th Gen.
- Quick and easy to set up
- Decent sound quality for the size and price
- Inexpensive and good value for money
- Good combination of features: phone charging, FM radio and alarm clock
- Small and compact
- Dual alarms so you can set one alarm for you and another for your partner
- You might need to remove your iPhone’s protective case to use it as a docking station
- The screen is quite bright even when on the lowest brightness setting
- Lowest volume setting is relatively loud, which could be a problem if you want to listen quietly while in bed
- Feels cheaply made
The Majority Pluto is a cheap docking station that generally offers good value for money. The sound quality is decent given the low price, and the docking station has a good range of features with an FM radio and a dual alarm clock.
This docking station radio is a good choice if your priority is to save money, but if you don’t mind spending another £20 or so, you could buy something higher quality.
Similar docking stations
If you’d like something more substantial, you should consider the AZATOM Home Hub, which is a bigger docking station with Bluetooth and a 30 watt speaker with stereo sound. For some more low-priced docking stations to consider, check out our roundup of the best iPhone radio docking stations for less than £50.