Disclaimer: Best Radios UK is audience supported. If you buy via links on here we may get a small commission. This doesn’t impact the price you pay & lets us keep the site free.
Buy it online:
According to the manufacturers, the OXX Clip is the world’s smallest DAB radio. It weighs just 45 g and is about the size of four cubes of sugar. The OXX Clip is made by Danish radio company OXX Digital. Let’s have a look at this radio in more detail…
- Up to 8 hours DAB/DAB+ playback time on a full charge.
- Up to 22 hours FM playback time on a full charge.
- Key lock, which prevents you from accidentally changing the volume or station while it’s in your pocket.
- 3.5mm stereo output so you can connect it to your car radio or home stereo.
- Comes with OXX S120 earphones
Dimensions: 4.8 cm tall x 3.5 cm wide x 1.5 cm deep
Weight: 45 g
Performance and use
As the name suggests, this radio can be clipped to your shirt or just kept in your pocket. Since it’s so small and light, the OXX Clip is great for running or listening to while exercising. The internal battery will last up to 8 hours when listening to DAB radio, and up to 22 hours when listening to FM radio.
The earphones that come with the radio are fairly decent, but they’re not great and can easily fall out, so you will probably want to use some higher quality headphones. The OXX Clip’s sound quality depends on the headphones you use and the strength of the signal from the radio station you listen to.
The radio signal will vary depending on where you use it, but the OXX Clip generally has better than average reception on both FM and DAB radio. Unless you live in a very remote area, you should be able to listen to the radio while walking, running or travelling without losing the signal. This radio can also be used in your car, but the DAB signal might be inconsistent as you drive around. For using in the car, a plug-and-play adapter is probably a better option.
- Very small, which makes it extremely light and portable
- Controls are intuitive and easy to use
- Comes with earphones included
- Ideal for using while running or cycling
- Simple interface
- Generally good reception on both FM and DAB
- Since the radio is so small, it can be hard to read the text on the screen
- Instruction manual isn’t very clear
- More expensive than many other pocket DAB radios
- No sleep function
The OXX Clip Pocket Radio is an ultra-small radio that is perfect for runners and other active people. While we can’t verify that it’s still the world’s smallest DAB radio, it is very small at only 4.8 x 3.5 centimetres, so it should fit easily in your pocket. It’s also inconspicuous if you choose to clip it to your clothing or attach it to your bike.
The OXX Clip’s small size, combined with its good radio reception that rarely looses the signal, make it ideal for running, cycling and walking.
The OXX Clip Pocket Radio isn’t the cheapest pocket DAB radio, so if you don’t need something so small you might prefer the Petersfield DAB Radio, which has similar features for a lower price.
If you’d like a pocket radio with a built-in speaker, you should consider the Sony XDR-P1DBP Pocket DAB/DAB+ Radio. The speaker is surprisingly powerful and clear for such a small radio, and you can also use it in your pocket with headphones.