Kiss started in 1985 as a pirate radio station broadcasting across the London area under the slogan Radical Radio. It’s now a legal station, owned by Bauer Radio, and broadcasts more widely to a 4.5 million weekly audience with the slogan The Best of the UK. It focuses on dance and urban music and also has some specialist programmes.
Kiss broadcasts on FM across London, the Severn Estuary, Bristol and East Anglia on frequencies in the 97.2-107.7 MHz range. It’s also broadcast on DAB across the UK and is available via the internet as well as on Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview channels. It can, therefore, be accessed using most radios, including car radios, as well as mobile devices and TVs.
Here’s a summary of how you can access Kiss:
- AM radio: Not available.
- FM radio: Broadcast in different areas on 97.2, 100.0, 101.0, 105.6, 106.1, 106.4 and 107.7 MHz so try each in turn to see which gives the best reception.
- DAB radio: Broadcast across London 1, UK (Digital 1), Berks and N Hants, Cornwall and Plymouth
- Sky: Channel 0178 (as Kiss 100 in London and surrounding areas only)
- Freeview: Channel 713
- Freesat: Channel 518
- Virgin Media: Channel 963
- Online: Use apps such as Radioplayer or TuneIn.
- Smart Speaker – KISS FM Alexa Skill